Sunday, December 2, 2012

the bathroom remodel

I always had this grand plan of how I wanted to do my own bathroom once we owned our own house.

I left the bathroom be for a few weeks after we moved in before I decided it was time to up grade.

first it started only as a painting project. but then it turned into new vanity, medicine cabinet, new lights, and of course the new paint.

DSCN2251

this is what it looked like when we moved in.

DSCN2406

we took everything out…except the toilet. and taped for everything to be painted. went to home depot to try to match colors. then we went home to try to find something with the colors on it so they could match them. went BACK to home depot only to find out we didn’t need any of it. they had the exact colors we were looking for with the perfect names.

DSCN2407

DSCN2408DSCN2409

these pictures went on facebook long ago…so if you are my friend…you know where I am going with this.

I always seem to under estimate the amount of time it is going to take to complete a project. the paint ended up needing more than one coat and of course you can’t re-paint until its dry, and you can’t move anything in until the paint is all dry.

what I thought would take a night ended up being maybe a week until the bathroom was fully functional again.

DSCN2410

we are getting closer to the finished product. the walls were Wyoming Gold and the ceiling was Wyoming Brown.

DSCN2411

the pups were no help. until I started paint the trim and then they thought since I was down on their level they needed to come rub up against wet paint. they had a few brown spots on them.

DSCN2413

so much better with the upgrade. the old vanity wasn’t even attached to the wall.

DSCN2417

I made a bucking horse and rider stencil and put them around the edge. that was the fun part. they are all different and each have their own unique touch.

DSCN2415

all finished and finally fully functional. it was a fun project. and adds our own little touch to our house. and just in case you happen to visit on game day….you know who not to root against. Winking smile

0 comments:

Post a Comment