Friday, February 25, 2011

date night

last night was Hubby and my date night. we don’t do these often, but when we do…we always try to change it up.
last nights date was a first for us as a couple. we went to dinner (not new) and a high school play (new).

015
I loved this as a little kid on video. Hubby obviously hadn’t seen what I had as a kid. He was impressed when I was singing along…”I don’t wanna grow up. I don’t wanna go to school. To learn to be a parent, and recite a silly rule.”

we got all prettied up.
009010
the boots (often referred to as my “hooker boots.”) complete the outfit.

we headed out the door for dinner.
012
subway…because we are classy like that. Smile with tongue out

011
steak and cheese for me.

013
chicken bacon ranch for Hubby (he tried with all his might to refuse this picture until I started making a scene inside Subway…he quickly agreed).

before we headed to the high school we stopped off at Safeway for some snackies. the play started at 730pm and I wasn’t sure there was going to be a intermission WITH snacks or not. plus I felt kind of rebellious.

thank the lord for a purse with lots of room.
014
flipz, hershey’s drops, a mountain dew and water. no room to spare.

016
before the crowds showed up. it got packed and really hot in the theater. not fun. had I known it wasn’t going to be freezing, I might have decided on a little less clothing. but I didn’t want to freeze considering it was below 0 outside. you just never know.

017
we were able to put the snackies in a very easy accessible location to sneak them during the show. I’m pretty sure it was so hot inside the theater that the chocolate on the pretzels started to melt.

020 018
Rolling on the floor laughing

the play was decent. long. but decent. there was an intermission, but I don’t think they had snacks available. only vending machines. the intermission came 2 hours into the play, and I over heard someone say there was still an hour left. I asked Hubby if he wanted to leave. I was not really into it, but we decided to stay. I’m ok that we did. We didn’t miss anything too spectacular. We got home close to 1100pm. So it was a “longer than I expected” performance. I remember when I was in high school that I would go to EVERY play performance to see how they differed with the different people playing the rolls. I won’t be doing that this time. Just kidding

0 comments:

Post a Comment