Monday, February 14, 2011

v-day 2011

First of all...HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Second of all...welcome the newest addition!

We bought a new laptop! We also broke down and got internet at the house! So far...best decision!

Today was the day I chose to celebrate our anniversary. 6 years ago today...Hubby and I went on our first date together. And on the 17th..we became an official couple. whoopeeee!

I had something very special planned. Hubby was a bit on the nervous side. He had no idea what we were doing.



The clues I gave him were pretty vague. But ever since that first year of US...I had always mentioned that what we were going to do would be such a cute date. So I took matters into my own hands.



I was so excited. You see...I was debating on going on our little adventure tomorrow, but was just too dang excited! I bumped it up to today. I couldn't contain myself any longer.



YAY! Pottery day! I was thrilled when I saw this cute little shop in town. I couldn't wait to test it out!

Hubby's face was priceless when we walked in. He was in complete shock. This is the last thing he would have guessed we were doing.

There was a wide array of items to choose from to paint. Everything from dragons and toucans to bowls and plates! It took Hubby and I a few minutes to decide what to paint. But we managed.

Me...a fish...since that's my M.O.


Hubby...a turtle...its a soap dish.


He's working hard on his masterpiece!


Focus.

He was so cute. He had to use both hands to paint the black lines.



The finished products. His turned out awesome. My fish just looks like he got a black eye. :(

I think Hubby had more fun than expected. I know I had a blast. If you're ever looking for a fun afternoon activity...pottery is the way to go. It wasn't too expensive either. We paid for each of us as a "studio fee" $8 each...included the choice of 6 colors of paint and any type of brush. Then we paid for the pottery pieces. They weren't overpriced at all either. We got out of there in under $45. They put a clear coat on our pieces and fire them. They will be ready for pick up in a week. They are all dishwasher and microwave safe. I can't wait to see the colors, because the "before firing" colors aren't as bright as the "after firing" colors.

Hope you all are having a great Lover's Day!




0 comments:

Post a Comment