Monday, December 20, 2010

day 1

Today began my marathon/triathlon/bahama bikini body training. Over the weekend I watched the running of the Ironman Triathlon in Hawaii and thought "that would be fun." I just need to learn to swim, bike 112 miles, and run a marathon all in the same time frame. Perfect bucket list item! Then began the thought of..."Who could I get to train and actually do this with me?" Everyone I asked just seemed to laugh at me. But my sister came back with..."I'll do the Boston Marathon." Ok...sounds like a good start. I just have to learn to run a marathon. Maybe I should start small first. When I went to the gym this afternoon (yes, day 1 of being unemployed and I am as lazy as can be!), I jumped on the bike first. I can't do the DREADMILL. I absolutely hate it, so I better be getting use to running in the Wyoming winters. Ohh fun! I won't have the wind to compete with in Sheridan. Anyways...back to the bike. I rode 4.25 miles in 20 minutes...which adds up to just shy of 13 miles an hour...which means it would take dang near 9 hours to finish a 112 mile bike ride at that pace...this "goal" of the Ironman is kind of slowly moving its way to the bottom of the "possibility" list. REMEMBER ASHLEY-YOU'RE ONLY ON DAY 1. I don't know that I have a goal right now...maybe run a 10K here in the spring, and bump up to a half marathon next year. My family is always going to Moab, UT for runs. Half marathons and 10K, 5 milers...maybe I should join in participating instead of being a cheerleader! That's it....I'll slowly work on running, biking, and er...swimming (my weak point) this spring and hopefully be able to continue motivation into the summer. Bahama bikini body training is more...inverted sit-ups, push-ups, pull-ups. My abs are already sore...tomorrow should be fun! :) and after the first of the year my "insanity" workouts will pick back up. If you want a home workout, that's actually a workout...I fully endorse Insanity! Great cardio and strength training!

0 comments:

Post a Comment