Saturday, June 8, 2013

crazy horse training week 2

since last week was technically week 1 we’ll call it week 2.

1 down, 17 to go.

as you already know I had accomplished my back to back runs on wednesday and thursday. I still needed to get 3 miles in on friday and then my week would be complete.

I woke up friday morning and headed to the gym. I had a break in between clients and had plenty of enough time to go for a run and stretch sufficiently afterwards. I am hoping to make stretching a regular thing. I’ve always been a bad cool down/stretching kind of person.

my 3 miles felt awesome and I even managed negative splits. I ran an out and back route on the bike path in town! I loved it. the miles flew by since it was all new territory to me. but I can’t wait to go back and do more of the path.

my shins were a little sore to foam roll, but I swore to myself that I would ice them regularly too. on my run I thought a lot about the feat of running a marathon. could I do it. I thought this was only week one, but I am confident that I will complete my marathon. I don’t want to put too much pressure on myself for this first marathon so I’m going in with a goal of just finishing. I would love to be able to finish in 4 hours, but if I don’t I won’t be disappointed.

alrighty….onto week 2 training.

sunday-5 miles
monday-cross training…I’m hoping to take a class the gym offers and hoping that my ankle holds up. if it doesn’t we’ll go to plan b. and I’ll have to figure out plan b at that point.
tuesday-rest
wednesday-3 miles
thursday-3 miles
friday-3 miles
saturday-rest

I have wednesday off from the shoe store this week and I have already scheduled to run my miles with M from the gym. I feel like these runs with a friend are going to be critical to making sure I don’t burnout. I’m already looking forward to running with M. I just hope as my training gets more intense she’ll still want to take some miles with me!

nothing else real exciting planned for this week.

just me and the open road.

0 comments:

Post a Comment