Saturday, March 26, 2011

so much for a winter storm warning

greetings.
remember how we were under a winter storm warning last night into today? turns out old man winter didn’t get that memo. its been gorgeous today. woke up to just a little dusty of fresh snow on the ground, but was all gone by 10 and currently its almost 50.

even though today turned out to be quite an awesome day. I still opted for the gym 5K. my training plan called for a 5K race. so, I raced myself on the treadmill. I did push myself and was very pleased with my performance. maybe all that food yesterday did some good.

I managed to keep an under 8:40 minute/mile pace. remember when I about died running 4 miles at an 8:50 pace? well that is long gone. I felt awesome. I forced myself to stop at 3.1 miles, but I felt like I could go more. and if you remember I ran my 10K at a 8:16ish pace. I really can’t wait to see what improvements I can make in the next month, year, and years!

I forgot to show you what our sole purpose for the trip to Billings was.

008009

Hubby ordered arrows. he was so excited to get them.

we made a trip to rocky mountain discount sports here in sheridan so he could shoot it. I was very surprised how well he did considering he’s never really shot one. elk beware! Winking smile 

I had every intention of taking my camera and taking pictures, but it was near dead to I popped the battery on the charger and forgot it when we left. bummer deal.

Hubby is working on our Bug. I’ll save that for a later post. I better go make sure he doesn’t shock himself. he’s been itching for a bike ride today too. we’ll see how much we can fit in.

apparently I shamed my dad into doing the 1/2 marathon in 6 weeks with me by announcing it on my blog (mom’s the only one that reads the blog. I don’t even know if Dad knows what a blog is.). my mom decided to do the 3.5 mile walk/run that the same event is offering and I “shamed” Hubby into doing it with my mom. the only person we’ll be missing is my lil sister. Sad smile

0 comments:

Post a Comment