Tuesday, April 26, 2011

girls day

since the Hubby went fishing yesterday, Twogs and I were left home to do our own thing.
so I decided to spoil her!

I looked out back to see her sun bathing.

001 (3)

I wanted to join in, but was afraid I’d get too cold.
so I asked her if she wanted to go to the park!
she couldn’t contain her excitement.

002 (2)

we had the whole park to ourselves. it was perfect out. the sun would come and go.

003 (3)004

we hung out in the park until Twogs started getting worn out and hot.
then we moved to the creek!

006 (2)007 (2)

I can say that water isn’t too warm, but she didn’t seem to mind!

008 (2)009
011 (2)
she looks so little when she’s all wet!

after the water we went back up to the park so she could dry off.

013016

once she was dry enough (mainly her paws) we headed home to relax. she was a pooped puppy and a little sore. she scraped up both her front pads on her paws some how. poor thing. she now has socks up to her elbows and her wounds are healing with a little vaseline so she doesn’t lick them.

021

today’s weather. I woke up to rain, snow, and wind. its been a warm 35* all day. with lovely 25 mph winds. I’m just hoping this isn’t what its like on friday when I do my last long run day before my 1/2. or even on race day. I’ve been thinking about what I’m going to race in. since the race starts at 9am…I’m hoping it will be warm enough for me to run in shorts and a tshirt. I don’t want to have to deal with that whole sheading clothes idea. but I think I’ve figured out a way if that’s what ends up happening.

since I moved my 9 miles to sunday this week. I took yesterday off, besides walking around with the little blondie. I went to the gym today to do 5 miles, but then started calculating total miles for this week. I’d be adding to many extra miles the week before my race and I don’t want to injure myself. so I chose to do 2 miles.
see I’m running my 10 miles on friday instead of saturday because we are going to be out of town and super busy that day. I didn’t want to do my 10 miles on sunday, because I wanted to give my body a full week to recover to get ready for my 1/2 marathon on the 7th. I hate that I’ve had to switch up my running and hopefully it doesn’t come back to haunt me with my 1/2 marathon.

please tell me it won’t.

0 comments:

Post a Comment